As most of us dog and other pet owners know, buying food from the store can get quite expensive. Especially when you have more than one dog or a puppy that has a huge appetite, its gets a bit costly. I came across this recipe that you can do yourself, it is a slow cooker homemade dog food.
What you need:
1. 2 1/2 - 3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs and breat.
2. 1 sweet potato cubed
3. 2 carrots sliced
4. 2 cups of frozen green beans
5. 2 cups of frozen peas
6. 1 large apple
7. i can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
8. 2 tablespoons of olive oil
What you need to do:
1. Place the meat in the crock pot, add some water so it just covers the chicken. Then add the sweet potatoes, carrots, kidney beans, green beans, and apple.
2. Cook on a low temperature for 8-9 hours, when its just about finished add the frozen peas and cook for another 30 minutes.
3. Drain excess water and add the olive oil. Then stir to mash or put in the food processor.
4. Once it is cooled, you can scoop your pets daily servings into zip lock bags and freeze them! This recipe yields about 3 weeks of food for a 20 lbs dog.
With certain things not being very good for a dog or pets stomach, I think making them an organic and very high in nutrients that they actually need is a good idea. Most of these dog foods have weird fillers and dye or chemicals in them and just like us those kinds of things are not good for dogs either!
Thanks for reading everyone, and I hope you enjoy this recipe!