25 Amazing Life Hack Facts About Your Body You Probably Didn't Know
Hello all do you like to learn new things about yourself, or about the human body specifically? I like to learn new things about myself, about my body, I like to push myself sometimes to see what I can do with it. Or just learn things about the human body and how it works with itself and with the environment it's in. And in doing so, you learn to know a little more about life and become a little bit wiser just for it too!
So here's some interesting and true facts about the human body that you may or may not have known!
- You do know that you actually see upside down right? But that the image is flipped by the time it reaches the brain. How crazy is that!?
- If you cut your fingertip of it's not going to be stunted forever. It's actually capable of fully growing back as long as the bone is intact.
- You can do some really amazing things with your hands and that have amazing motor control skills but it's your eyesight that inhibits you reaching your full potential with them.
- Think you have a strong grip? Your fingers are controlled by tendons that are connected to the muscles and bones in your arm.
- Think spider bites are bad? They can mostly be treated or just clear up on their own. But get bitten by a human and untreated it will always become infectious.
- Ironically, there is a protein called opiorphin within saliva itself that is 3x more effective at pain relief than morphine is. Dogs have it too, it's why they lick their wounds.
- Is your heart pumping just reading this? It isn't actually. The heart doesn't actually pump but rather has a spasm that makes it twist itself so that blood will circulate.
- When you wake up in the morning, your 5 senses wake up too but not all at the same time. Your sight is first (unless you're blind) and your sense of smell is the last thing to wake up.
- People can outrun all animals when running over a long distance. In persistence running people run with animals until the animals tire and can no longer run.
- How fast do we think? Scientists say that when you think, nerve impulses travel through your neuron network at speeds up up to 170MPH. This is on a microscopic scale though.
- Do you blush? When you do, it's not just your cheeks that turn red, the inside of your stomach does too!
- Worried about the mosquitoes sucking you dry? It would take around 1.2 million mozzy's about an day to suck all your blood bone dry.
- When pregnant woman suffer from any kind of organ damage while she's pregnant, the fetus itself sends stem cells to it to repair it how cool is that?
- Need a nail? You could find enough iron in your body to make a small nail with. Mind you, without the iron in your body your organs would shut down and you'd die.
- How much do you weigh? Whatever it is, remember that it's always 2KG more than it's saying on the scales because up to 2KG of you is just pure bacteria.
- The most slippery substance known to man is the Synovial fluid that is naturally produced by the body for easing the movement of your joints.
- Just like everyone has a unique fingerprint and unique DNA. Everyone also has their own unique scent too. Unless you have a twin that is.
- Everyone has a unique scent. Just like fingerprint unless you have a twin.
- Your body is as old as the universe since matter is energy and energy can never be destroyed but rather converted into another form.
And that's some real facts about the human body that I bet you probably didn't know!? I'm sure there's a few that you already did know but I bet you didn't know all of them am I right?
How many of these life hack facts about your body did you not already know of?
What other life hack facts about the human body do you know about?
May 23, 2017, 8:57 pm