I am loving all the home craft ideas, especially the ones that can be used for gifts. So I thought I would add one that I do regularly that is a huge hit: Bath Bombs!
Here are the ingredients:
2 cups bicarb of soda
1 cup cream of tartar
1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil
You will also need a spray bottle of water and some silicone cup cake trays or ice trays.I have beautiful heart shaped silicone cup cake trays and also flowers.
1. Mix the bicarb of soda, cream of tartar, essential oil and food coloring
2. Spray the mixture a few times with water and mix.
3. Push the back of a spoon into the mixture and see if it holds shape. If it doesn't spray some more water into it and mix it up again until it does hold shape. It needs to be the consistency of wet sand.
4. Fill the trays with the mixture and compact it.
5. Leave them to dry out for about 2 days.
6. Gently remove them from the trays and they are ready to use.
I have done this loads of times using Lavender essential oils. Lavender is known to relax and aid sleep. It is wonderful to have a bath using Lavender bath bombs, you will have a great sleep!