Cowboy Cookies in a Mason Jar...great for holiday gifts!
These DIY mason jar cookies make great gifts for anyone, mom and dad, your coworkers, and also make perfect gifts for holidays. You can get creative especially with the holiday ones!
What you need:
1. 1 cup of rolled oats
2. 1/2 cup of brown sugar
3. 1/2 cup of white sugar
4. 1/3 cup of chopped pecans
5. 1 1/2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips
6. 1 1/3 cups of all purpose flour
7. 1 teaspoon of baking powder
8. 1 teaspoon of baking soda
9. 1/4 teaspoon of salt
10. mason jar (1 quart)
What you need to do:
Layer all these ingredients in the order they are listed, packing each ingredient down very, very firmly. (use those muscles to pack these layers down!)
You can use a sheet of fabric to make the jar nice and pretty and then use a piece of ribbon to tie the preparation and baking instructions to the jar!
Preparation and Baking Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350*F and grease cookie sheet.
2. In a bowl mix 1/2 cup of melted butter, 1 egg, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
3. Stir in all the ingredients in the jar...mixture will be thick and its supposed to be!!!
4. Shape into little balls the size of a walnut and place each one 2 inches apart on your cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes!
You can make these jar with any kind of cookie recipe, brownie, hot cocoa, or cake recipes!!!! So perfect to use as gifts!!!!