DIY Homemade Aloe Vera Soother For Those Really Bad Sunburns!!
I'm sure we all love the nice weather, especially in the summer time! But what we don't like is getting that awful sunburn from not wearing enough sunscreen or forgetting to put it on. I am guilty of this and end up in LOTS and LOTS of pain. Sometimes that aloe vera stuff they sell in the store is too expensive. I have a recipe of an all natural, no chemical sunburn soother!
What you will need:
1. 2 tablespoons of avocado oil
2. 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
3. 1 large tablespoon of beeswax
4. 1/4 cup of aloe vera gel
5. 2 tablespoons of witch hazel extract
6. 10 drops of soothing essential oil (peppermint is recommenced)
What you need to do:
1. Melt avocado oil, coconut oil, and beeswax in a double boiler until all is melted. Transfer the melted mixture to a bowl and let cool for 20 minutes.
2. Combine witch hazel, essential oil, and the aloe Vera gel in a separate bowl.
3. When the oil mixture is a little warmer than room temperature, start whisking it. While whisking, pour the aloe mixture in SLOWLY until it is all combined. Continue whisking it until it gets to be like a lotion texture.
4. Transfer the lotion into an air tight container and store in a cool dry place. The fridge is a great place for it, the extra coldness with give more relief!