So now that winter is here and the weather can make you very dry, including your pets! Here is a DIY homemade paw balm which will help nourish those dry cracked paws and help prevents their paws from becoming dry and cracked again.
Here is what you need:
1. 1/2 cup of natural beeswax
2. 1/4 cup of coconut oil
3. 1/4 cup olive oil
4. 2 tablespoon of shea butter
5. 10 drops of vitamin E
Here is what you need to do:
1. Fill a pot about 1/3 full of water and set the heat to a medium low setting
2. Set a standard size mason jar inside of the pot of water. this will help create a double boiler effect.
3. Put the beeswax in the mason jar and heat it up while stirring it often until its melted. Usually takes about 10 minutes.
4. Add the coconut oil, olive oil and shea butter. Heat until melted, stirring frequently.
5. Remove form the heat and then add the drops of vitamin E and then stir it up.
6. Now you can pour this mixture into a container you can store it in. Let sit for about an hour or so, so it can harden up. (If you use a wider mouth jar, it makes it alot easier to apply the balm by just sticking your dogs paws into the jar and rubbing it around a bit!)
You can apply as many times a day as needed!
Although my dog, Prince doesn't have really dry paws, Bailey is getting there and she is so much bigger that it feels pretty bad. I am making this for her so she can have nice smooth and moistened paws! What do you guys think about this recipe for the paw balm? Does it sound like something you could try for you dog? Has anyone tried a similar recipe or alternative balm for their dogs' paws? Let me know, if you have used something like this and if it worked well for you and your dog?
As always, thank you for reading guys and I hope you enjoy!!