So not only can you make your own cat litter but you can also get your cat to poop in the toilet!! Which will eliminate your litter box therefore eliminating the need to make your own cat litter!! WIN WIN, here! If i could i would train my dogs to this this too! So here it goes....it would be best to use pine litter because it is flushable and in this case will have to be flushed....
1. First get one of those tin lasagna dishes/tray from the dollar store. Put the pine litter into the tray.
2. Take the tin tray with the pine litter and put it on your toilet. Put it in the space between the toilet part and that first part of the seat with the hole in it. You may have to reshape the tin a little so it will fit securely.
3. You could probably put some of your cats "product" from the litter box into the pan in the toilet. This will help give the connection of what your cat needs to do there. After awhile your cat will get it.
4. Over a 2 weeks span, you need to cut bigger and bigger holes of the bottom of the tin tray, gradually, until there is no more tin tray.
5. After about another week, your cat will be strictly be using the toilet to poop!
How awesome,. I wish you could train dogs to do this. If this can be done with dogs....please someone let me know!!! =] Thank you for reading guys!!