Crazy Facts About the Earth That Sound Like BS But are 100% Real
Life and all that's within it really is a true wonder of creation. And some facts about life are truly mind blowing to come to learn and know about. And when you do come to know about them, it helps you just that little bit more to come to appreciate the world that you live and have a life in! Plus, these planet facts on Earth are great conversation starters and ice breakers to know and use sometimes!
And what's more, these fun crazy planet facts make for great life hacks to know about. So here's some planet facts I know of, remember and bust out and ask or say whenever any of those moments come!
Did you know?
- Mt. Everest might be the biggest mountain in the world but it doesn't seems it wants to be bigger. It's actually growing and getting taller all the time at a rate of 4MM a year.
- Canada might get some stick for being a little camp and infamous for angry moose. But it actually has more lakes than all of the lakes in all the world combined together.
- China is the only country to operate on a Beijing time zone and do so over 5 time zones.
- Some countries have a lot of desert like Africa or North America, but Libya is a country where 99% of it is covered in desert. The rest is split between land and jungle.
- The Swiss Army have artillery bunkers that are supposedly disguised as humble and quaint country homes and farms dotted around popular villages for fortification.
- Would you believe me if I told you that Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotameteaturipukakapikimaungahoronukuopokaiwhenuakitanatahu is an actual name of a hill in Taumata in New Zealand? It's true and it's actually the longest name for a hill known to man.
- There are currently roughly 61k people flying around the skies of America and US right in commercial airliners right now at this moment and at any given time of the day.
- At the North Pole, there is no land online ice on top of a frozen sea!
- What language do you speak? Whatever it is, only 4% of languages are spoken by 95% of all people on the planet anyway.
- The US only owns Alaska because Russia sold it to them for $7.2 million dollars way back in 1867.
- In Russia, there are 9 million more woman than there are men. Nobody knows why this is..
- The Queen loves her animals and mammals and to protect them, she claims any whales, dolphins or sturgeons within 3 miles away from the UK coastline as hers!
- If you combined all the counties in England, Wales, Scotland and N/Ireland together, they'd be just small enough to about fit into the state of Michigan!
- Sweden is a very proficient country at recycling stuff that they run out of things to recycle and import trash from other countries to fuel their home energy programs.
- Australia sells and exports camels to Saudi Arabia. A country famous for its camels. Ironic that right?
Did you know about any of these planet facts?
What other planet facts are there you know about about?
May 25, 2017, 11:13 am