I love dogs, and my family and I have 2 of our own. We have Bailey (our Black Lab/ St Bernard mix), who is our newest edition and is just about 6 months old and then we have Prince, who has been with us since my husband and I got together! He is almost 7 years old! He is a a Morkie (Maltese and Yorkie mix) Bailey no longer has that puppy breath and her breath isn't bad at all! But Prince, OMG no matter what we try to do his breath is always gross! LOL I am so eager to try this one out because we have tried it all brushing his teeth, those dentastix that are supposed to freshen a dogs breath...didnt really work for him!
Heres what you need:
1. 2 1/2 cups of old fashioned oats
2. 1/2 cup of fresh parsley, finely chopped
3. 1/2 cup of fresh mint, finely chopped
4. 1 large egg
5. 1/4 cup of water plus 1 teaspoon
6. 3 tablespoons of coconut oil (unrefined extra virgin is recommended)
What you need to do:
1. Preheat oven to 325*F
2. Add oat to a blender and pulse until you get a flour like consistency.
3. In a large bowl whisk parsley, mint, egg and coconut oil until all mixed together.
4. Add the oat flour to the mixture in the large bowl and stir to combine.
5. Once the mixture forms a dough, knead the dough a few times and then flatten it out or use a rolling pin on a floured surface. (make sure the dough is about 1/8 of an inch thick)
6. Use a cookie cutter or knife to cut out 1 inch mints. Place mints 1/4 inches part on parchment paper lined cookie sheet or a non stick cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until crispy and golden.
8. Once they have cooled, serve to your dog! You can store these in an air tight container.
What do you guys think? Who has dogs who have smelly breath sometimes and would like to try this?
Thanks for reading guys!!