You can entertain your little ones while calming them down without them even knowing! LOL Or you can use it for yourself to help relax and re center yourself! I saw a website online earlier that sells scent infused therapy dough and they were $25 for some dough you could pinch out of the jar and squeeze and form it and the each different scent can help trigger different kinds of calming emotions! Here is how to make your own for a fraction of the cost!
Here is what you need:
1. 2 cups of flour
2. 2 cups of colored water
3. 1 cup of salt
4. 1 tablespoon of olive oil
5. 1 teaspoon of cream of tartar
6. 5 drops of essential oils
Heres what you need to do:
1. Combine all ingredients except for the essential oils, in a large sauce pan.
2. Once it is all combined well, put the sauce pan on medium heat and stir with spatula until ingredients form a ball.
3. Remove from heat and let cool on parchment paper.
4. Once the dough is cooled off enough, kneed in the essential oil of your choice thoroughly. Store dough in an air tight container in the fridge.
Types of oils that can be used for your aromatherapy dough:
Lavender - has a wonderful scent floral, fresh, and a calming feeling
Frankincense - this scent has sought out to elevate many aspects of your life. this oil has an uplifting earthy aroma that is actually perfect for grounding yourself and getting yourself spiritually connected.
Peppermint - this has a fresh, nostalgic and instantly distinguishable scent that rejuvenates the mind and senses, while encouraging a sense of peace.
Those are just a few of relaxing and spiritually connecting essential oils you can use and of course you can use any other kind of CPTG essential oils (Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade)!!! This therapy dough can be used for adults just trying to calm down before bed or even children....this is perfect for a nighttime activity before bed.
Hope you guys can enjoy this one and will be making some of this and trying a new routine of play dough fun before bedtime for the girls!! LOL ;] As always, thanks for checking it out everyone!