Obviously dogs can't talk and aren't able to tell us things, especially things like saying "i love you" to their owner. Dogs actually show affection to their owners by doing other things rather than talking! LOL I have a list of 5 ways that dogs show affection towards their owners.
1. Playing around and roughhousing with you! I'm sure them wanting to play and wrestle with you doesn't always come at the right time, but this is their natural way to play! Wrestling with your dog is fun and certainly safe to do, it also helps strengthen your relationship.
2. Sleeping with you. Their natural instinct is to be huddled up especially when sleeping because it helps them feel warm and safe. It also shows that your dog just wants to be near you and is their way of saying they feel comfortable and views you as family.
3. Jumping on you. This type of behavior is frowned upon especially with big dogs! But this actually another way that dogs show their affection for someone they like!
4. Wagging their tails. I'm sure we all know that not all tail wagging means that a dog is happy but it is generally displayed as such. If your dog is wagging their tail and their body language is screaming sign of excitement and comfort. its probably easy to say your dog is extremely happy when you're around.
5. Following you around. Dogs tend to follow their owners around because they know you are their source of food and water and treats. But dogs are pack animals and like being with their families and following you around is just another reassurance that your dog likes to be around and loves you!!
How cool huh? I had no idea that jumping was a sign of affection for dogs! thats interesting! Hope you guys enjoyed this one and learned some stuff you didnt already know! As always thank you for reading!!!!